Conferences – civic functions – club events – product launches – corporate functions – seasonal events – meetings – brainstorming sessions – dinners – awards – workshops
Over the course of my career, I have either organised, operated or attended almost every event type it’s possible to imagine. I understand more than most that the difference between a day out of the office and a memorable event is great facilitation.
As facilitator, MC and conference host, I’m incisive and high-energy. It’s my business to ensure the event delivers the goods and is not just ordinary but extraordinary.
Over the years, I’ve been told by many event organisers that having me on board makes life easier. I take care of the “front-of-house”, freeing them up to focus on the broader management of the event.
You can trust me to take responsibility for making sure your event stays on message and achieves its goals, your guest speakers are looked after and supported, and that the audience will feel included, entertained and energised by the experience.
Got something I may be able to help with? Talk to me today.
- To compère the entire day, from start to finish.
- To undertake all delegate communication, introduce all speakers and oversee the running of the day’s event, at the sharp end.
- To liaise with all parties. Yourself, the banqueting manager, hosts, entertainers, speakers, delegates, photographers and the audio-visual providers (I call this “being-in-the-room”).
- To keep everything to your pre-arranged timetable.
- To work on your behalf so you, as the event organiser, are free to overview your entire event without getting tied into the day’s running details.
Benefits to the Event Coordinator
- Assists the conference coordinator by freeing him/her to concentrate on core conference organisational activities, whilst having a competent ‘gofer’ handling challenges in the room.
- Assists with seamless delegate communication and problem-solving, through close contact and relationship-building with the conference delegates.
- Assists both the venue team and the event coordinator through efficient time management of proceedings. This enables both parties to manage the provision of food, beverage and other services more effectively.
- Assists the host company by ensuring the conference timetable is adhered to and programme schedules are achieved, thereby achieving event outcomes.
- Supports the coordinator by checking the required audio-presentation equipment before use, and supervising its handling during operation.
Benefits to the Client, Company and Delegates
- Keeping the conference presenters on-track, from a time perspective.
- Continually re-focusing the delegates on key messages.
- Regularly injecting enthusiasm and energy into the proceedings.
- Professional guest-speaker handling and timing management.
- Delivering comprehensive and clear summaries of the key learning outcomes of each session.
- Effective time management of break-away sessions, to ensure exercise outcomes are achieved within the time frames allowed for.
- Delivering accessible, clear, general information to delegates on facilities, conference timetables and the event schedule.
- In smaller sessions I ensure that the discussions are moved forward, positively, and that delegate input does not become circular or get bogged down into the argumentative cycle, which wastes valuable time and may derail conference proceedings. As an independent facilitator my role is also non-threatening.
- By using an independent facilitator companies encourage full delegate participation and avoid hijacking of the many by the few.